Fan Favorites | Celebrating Season 10
By Vera Stewart | Photos by Amy J. Owen
The VeryVera Show, currently in its 10th season, airs in 34 metropolitan markets across 15 states. Each episode showcases Vera’s natural teaching ability with prompts that remind us to use our manners and modern suggestions to add a new twist to your grandmother’s favorite recipes.
AL: Dothan • Huntsville • Mobile GA: Albany • Augusta • Columbus • Cordele • Macon • Savannah FL: Tampa • Pensacola IN: Evansville • Indianapolis KS: Pittsburg LA: Lake Charles MD: Hagerstown MN: Rochester MS: Jackson NC: Charlotte NY: Watertown OK: Oklahoma City SC: Charleston • Columbia • Greenville • Myrtle Beach TX: Austin • Dallas • Harlingen • Houston • Victoria • Waco VA: Richmond • Roanoke WI: Madison
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 1 hour
2 pork tenderloins (3 lbs. total), each cut in half crosswise
1 lb. bacon
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp. minced onions
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. wine vinegar or white vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
Dash of freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1. Wrap the tenderloin pieces in bacon.
2. Place in an 8 x 8-inch square pan.
3. Poke holes in the pork loins with a fork.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Pour the marinade over the meat.
5. Refrigerate tightly covered for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to 300 F. Bake tenderloins for 1 hour. If bacon starts to burn, place foil over the top.
7. When done, remove from the oven, cut meat into small slices, and allow meat to soak up the excess juices in the pan.
Appears in the October 2021 issue of Augusta Magazine.